|Time||to Add to Calendar 2023-08-09 09:00:00 2023-08-11 12:00:00 C-SoDA Open Science Bootcamp Marriott Foundation Building Population Research Institute America/New_York public|
|Location||Marriott Foundation Building|
Faculty, staff, and students from across Penn State have organized an Open Science Bootcamp that is now open for registration. The Bootcamp will be held Wednesday, August 9 through Friday, August 11 on the University Park campus.
Topics include what is open science, why open science is important and valuable, how to manage data, how to share data and materials, how to conduct replication studies, how to preregister studies, how to use tools like R, R Markdown, Python, and Jupyter notebooks for reproducible research workflows, and more. Dr. Tim Errington from the Center for Open Science will be the keynote speaker. Attendees will enjoy continental breakfasts and light lunches (including vegan and vegetarian options). The event is open to all faculty, staff, and students, but space is limited. So, please consider your registration a commitment to attend all sessions of the 2 1/2 day event. Here are some additional Bootcamp details:
Dates & Times
• Wednesday, August 9 - 9am-4pm
• Thursday, August 10 - 9am-4pm
• Friday, August 11 - 9am-12pm
• Marriott Foundation Building, Penn State, University Park (formerly Oak Building)
• Oval structure on corner of Park and Atherton, in front of the Nittany Lion inn
Nittany Parking Deck
• Visitor parking is available at $1 per hour for non-permit holders
• Green B Permit Holders park free
• More information about the Bootcamp can be found at https://penn-state-open-science.github.io/bootcamp-2023/.
• Remember, please click here to register by August 1st, 2023: https://forms.gle/LprvFcZpPcK2t9ra7
• If you have any questions, please direct them to Daisy Lei at email@example.com