PRI advances the research agendas and academic careers of our affiliated faculty through targeted funding.
GIA Pilot Hours
The purpose of seed grants for pilot hours from the GIA core is to support Penn State faculty members in their efforts to develop proposals for external funding. This includes preparing peer-reviewed publications that will serve as preliminary research for a proposal.
We offer a variety of pre-award services to assist in the development of successful proposals for external funding. Pre-award services include:
- Budget estimates and consultation on staffing, software, and equipment needs
- Internal peer review, including a review of submission requirements
- Copy editing for externally funded proposals
- Preliminary data analysis (Data extracts, descriptive statistics, and NIH Minority Inclusion tables)
- Consultation on appropriate statistical methods including spatial analysis
- NIH/NSF mandated data sharing plans